CENTRAL CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
In response to the request of Bishop Paul Rhode of Green Bay, Central Catholic High School opened in 1941 with 265 boys taught by 10 Norbertine Fathers and 2 laymen. The school was housed in the WBAY and Columbus Club Buildings in downtown Green Bay during its first 14 years. Then, faced with ever-increasing enrollment and the fact that the old facilities were becoming less adequate each year, the school's first principal, Abbot Killeen, and his council decided a new school would be built on the west side of Green Bay, in the growing area of Green Bay. Abbot Killeen announced that the new school would be named Our Lady of Premontre High School. It was dedicated to Mary, who according to tradition, gave the first white habit to St. Norbert, founder of the Premonstratensian Canons, in the Valley of Premontre near Laon, France, over eight centuries ago.