- What is CatholicLink?
- CatholicLink Society
- CatholicLink Center
- CatholicLink's Ongoing Benefits
- CatholicLink News
- More Information
CatholicLink is an innovative partnership with a purpose to advance Catholic education in the Greater Green Bay Area. Founded in 2014, Green Bay Area Catholic Schools (GRACE), Notre Dame Academy (NDA), and St. Norbert College (SNC) joined forces to create this partnership which has continued to flourish.
The goals of CatholicLink are to increase enrollment and to retain talented faculty and staff in Catholic schools in the Greater Green Bay Area.
Who Is Part of CatholicLink?
- Green Bay Area Catholic Education (GRACE) - Grades 3K-8
- Notre Dame Academy - Grades 9-12
- St. Norbert College - Post-Secondary Education
Becoming part of the CatholicLink Society is a recognition given to those who attended two of the three CatholicLink institutions as part of their educational path. These honorees are given a token for their commitment to Catholic education.Trifectas: Representing a unique segment of the CatholicLink Society are those who have graduated from all three CatholicLink institutions: GRACE, NDA, and SNC. If you know of an alumnus/a who is a trifecta, please contact NDA’s President’s Office.
The latest groundbreaking leadership development is the creation of the CatholicLink Center, which is currently in progress. The purpose of the CatholicLink Center is to:
- Offer professional development for faculty and staff
- Provide leadership development for administrators and school leadership
- Conduct research and publish best practices within Catholic education
The task force is led by Dr. Tynisha Meidl, co-chair of teacher education and associate professor of teacher education at SNC.
To support the goals outlined for CatholicLink, the following are continuously offered to those working within Catholic schools.
- 50% tuition waiver for employees’ children
- Expertise sharing in admissions, marketing, fundraising, alumni relations, athletics, and professional education
- $5,000 stipend for SNC graduates who teach at NDA or GRACE for three consecutive years
What's the Latest and Greatest at CatholicLink?
On June 7, 2018, a CatholicLink meeting was held at Notre Dame Academy to highlight the launch of the CatholicLink Center for Education and Innovation, which is anticipated to open in January 2019.
The purpose of the CatholicLink Center is to strengthen our Catholic schools by:
- Providing leadership development for administrators, faculty, staff, etc. within GRACE, NDA, and SNC
- Conducting research in order to provide data-driven communication regarding the value of Catholic education
Also celebrated at the event were three GRACE teachers, SNC graduates, who were awarded $5,000 for their commitment to Catholic education within the CatholicLink.
At the conception of CatholicLink, three initiatives were outlined for those working within Catholic schools:
- $5,000 stipend for SNC graduates who teach at GRACE or NDA for three consecutive years
- 50% tuition waiver for employees’ children
- Expertise sharing in admissions, marketing, development, alumni relations, athletics, and professional education
Pictured above are three GRACE teachers and SNC graduates who received the $5,000
grant for dedication to Catholic education. From left to right are Margaret Hogan,
GRACE/St. John the Baptist School & SNC 2015; Miranda VandenBoomen,
GRACE/St. Bernard School & SNC 2015; and Katie Summers,
GRACE/Notre Dame De Pere & SNC 2015
Combining Bishop David Ricken’s support with the strong commitment from SNC President Brian Bruess and GRACE President Kim Desotell, CatholicLink’s momentum continues to propel success as a trend setting organization in the nation. Click here to view a letter of support from Bishop Ricken.
The Green Bay Area Catholic Education (GRACE) system includes nine schools providing excellence in 3K-8th grade education and serves the 23 Catholic parishes within the Greater Green Bay community. GRACE schools range in offerings and locations, and each has its own distinct history, focus, and parish connections.
Notre Dame Academy is the premier Catholic high school in Green Bay that embraces more than 120 years of educational excellence. This caring, faith-filled environment welcomes students from across the region and the world through its international program. NDA students hold a 99% college admission and attendance rate.
The only Norbertine college in the world, St. Norbert College is a four-year, Catholic liberal arts college, devoted to the Norbertine traditions of community, prayer, and service to others. Founded in 1898 by Abbot Bernard Pennings, the residential campus today serves approximately 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students from throughout the nation and 30 other countries. The academic excellence of SNC is nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges.