- Schedule a meeting with the College Counselor to discuss plans after NDA.
- Finalize essays, complete college applications, and send them in to colleges.
- Finalize your resume & send to College Counselor.
- Ask teachers for recommendation letters. Make sure to provide your resume to them. Give them plenty of time to write your letter.
- Register for upcoming ACT or SAT test dates if you need a retake.
- Work hard; colleges may be interested in your first semester senior grades.
- Plan remaining college visits.
- Listen to announcements for college rep visits to NDA.
- Register with the NCAA clearinghouse if you plan on playing Division I or Division II sports if you have not done so already.
- Stay organized; ask your parents for help if you need it.
- Remember to request your transcripts using Family Connection.
- Continue looking for and applying for scholarships.
- Inform Student Services if you are applying Early Action or Early Decision. Remember that most early application deadlines are either November 1st or November 15th .
- Attend the SNC College fair for last minute research and questions and/or attend local financial aid information workshops.
- Continue working on applications; turn in all counselor forms/counselor recommendations/school reports to Student Services before deadlines.
- Turn in everything that needs to be sent out before Christmas (applications that have a December 31st or January 1st deadline) at least 2 weeks before Christmas Break to Student Services to ensure that they can be processed in advance of the deadline.