As the Baccalaureate Mass & Commencement Ceremony for the Class of 2018 nears, please mark down the following dates that are essential for our senior students and families.
- May 15-21: Special Dress Days
- May 17: Senior Awards Ceremony
- May 18 & 21: Uniform Collection
- May 22-24: Final Exams
- May 24: Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal
- May 26: Baccalaureate Mass & Commencement
- May 26: Senior Send Off
- Year End Deadlines
Tuesday, May 15
Lunch - Distribution of senior send-off shirts
Deadline to complete senior exit survey
Wednesday, May 16
Senior Special Dress Day (senior send-off shirt)
Thursday, May 17
9:20 a.m. - Senior Awards Assembly
Regular Dress Code Day
Friday, May 18
Senior Special Dress Day (College Day)
Lunches - Collection of used uniforms
Monday, May 21
Senior Special Dress Day (free day if used uniforms were collected)
Before School - Collection of used uniforms
Tuesday, May 22
Period 1: 8-9:40
Period 2: 10-11:35
Period 3: 11:55-1:30
Wednesday, May 23
Period 4: 8-9:40
Period 5: 10-11:35
Period 6: 11:55-1:30
Thursday, May 24
Period 8: 8-9:40
Period 7: 9:50-11:05
*Exam periods are 95 minutes in length. The first 75 minutes is scheduled for the exam with the remaining 20 minutes as a quiet study period. Students are to remain in their exam classroom for the full 95 minutes and may not leave.
The Baccalaureate Mass & Commencement Ceremony will be held Saturday, May 26 beginning at 9:30 a.m. in the Schneider Triton Center at Notre Dame Academy. Graduates will meet in the auditorium at 8:45 a.m. Caps and gowns are to be worn. Seniors are expected to dress up for this event (no shorts, jeans, sandals, etc.). The Mass & Commencement Ceremony are expected to last approximately two hours.
- No reservations are required. There will be open seating for the Baccalaureate Mass & Commencement Ceremony. Chairs will be set up on the gym floor or you may sit in the bleachers. There is also a specified handicap area at the end of the bleachers on the right side of the Triton Center.
- During the Commencement Ceremony, seniors will receive only a cover for their diploma. After graduation, seniors will be directed to proceed to the auditorium hallway to pick up their actual diploma.
- Ambrosius Studios will be taking the senior class portrait on May 11 and will also take an individual picture of each graduate as he/she receives a diploma at the Commencement Ceremony.
A post-graduation celebration is planned for the evening of the Commencement Ceremony at NDA. Senior Send Off runs from 8 p.m.-1 a.m. Doors for entry close at 9 p.m.
The purpose of this event is to provide a fun and safe place for the graduates to celebrate and spend time with all of their classmates one last time. Parents are welcome to come any time during this celebration. Stay tuned to NDA News & Information for information regarding this event.
There are many items and fees that must be turned in and paid before the end of the 2017-18 academic year. The Board of Education policy directs the administration to disallow any student from taking final exams if all tuition has not been paid, unless a special arrangement has been approved by the Finance Committee.
Tuition accounts must be paid in full by Friday, May 18, in order for students to take final exams. Final transcripts to colleges will be withheld until all fees are paid, athletic uniforms are returned, and lost library books and textbooks are paid for.