Notre Dame Academy (1990-present)
Established in 1990, Notre Dame Academy is founded on a rich history of Catholic education in the Greater Green Bay area, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet and the Norbertine Order.
Upon the consolidation of St. Joseph Academy (an all-girls school founded in 1896), Abbot Pennings High School (an all-boys school founded in 1898 as St. Norbert High School), and Our Lady of Premontre High School (an all-boys school founded in 1941 as Central Catholic High School), NDA was formed with a mission to build upon the strong foundations established by the predecessor schools.
The NDA crest represents the rich heritage of the school. Crest elements:
- Cross of Jesus Christ: Prominently featured in the center.
- Rays of Light: Blazing forth from the cross and representing Christ’s Resurrection.
- Crescent Moon: Represents Mary, to whom the school is dedicated.
- Flowering Lily: Traditional symbol of St. Joseph.
- Fleur-de-Lis: Suggests the French founding of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet and the Order of Premontre.
- Waves: Represent the waters of Green Bay and draw the alumni communities together.