- Now is the time to frequently check your NDA email for important college counseling updates from Ms. Bain.
- Schedule a meeting with the College Counselor to discuss plans after NDA.
- Finalize essays, complete college applications, and send them in to colleges.
- Use Naviance Resume Builder to finalize your high school resume.
- Ask teachers 3 weeks in advance for recommendation letters - request in-person and via Naviance. Make sure your resume is in Naviance for teachers to view before you make your request.
- Register for upcoming ACT or SAT test dates if you need a retake.
- Work hard; colleges may be interested in your first semester senior grades.
- Plan remaining college visits.
- Listen to announcements/check Naviance for college rep visits to NDA. Sign up to attend visits via Naviance.
- Register with the NCAA clearinghouse if you plan on playing Division I or Division II sports if you have not done so already.
- Stay organized; ask your parents for help if you need it.
- After submitting your college application, request your transcript to be sent to the college - all transcript requests are made via your Naviance account.
- Continue looking for and applying for scholarships.
- Naviance must accurately reflect which application timeline you are applying for: Early Decision, Early Action, Regular Decision, etc. Most early application deadlines are either November 1st or November 15th. Remember to work well ahead of deadlines!
- Attend the Wisconsin Education Fair (fall) for last minute research and specific answers to your questions.
- Attend local financial aid information workshops (College Goal, WI, etc.) to get help completing the FAFSA & learn about financing a college education.
- Continue working on applications; turn in all counselor forms/counselor recommendations/school reports to Student Services before deadlines.
- Turn in everything that needs to be sent out before Christmas (applications that have a December 31st or January 1st deadline) at least 2 weeks before Christmas Break to Student Services to ensure that they can be processed in advance of the deadline.