Hall of Fame
Alumni Tailgate & 2023 Hall of Fame Luncheon
Thank you for attending the Alumni Tailgate and Triton Hall of Fame Luncheon!
Please enjoy the photos from the event shown below.
Nominate someone for the 2024 Triton Hall of Fame by filling out the form below.
Mark your calendars! The 2024 Alumni Weekend will be held on September 20 - 21, 2024
To nominate someone for next year's event, follow the directions at the bottom of this page.
Congratulations to our Hall of Fame 2023 Inductees
Faculty/Staff/Friend: Tom Lemorande, PHS 1962
Arts: Mary Ehlinger Silverberg, SJA 1972
Education: Jane (Bougie) Schueller, SJA 1977
Public Service: Kristin Crowley, SJA 1989
Education: Harry Geiser
Ted Fritsch Jr., PHS 1968
Greg Knafelc, PHS 1977
Paul Denny, PHS 1985
Rebecca (Bennett) Giddens, NDA 1996
Amy (Lewis) MacCarthy, NDA 2004
Jenny (Spears) McSherry, NDA 2004
John Nowak†, PHS 1966 - Coach
Sandra (Clark) Freres - Coach
1982 PHS Boys Basketball Team
2001 NDA Boys Soccer Team
† Indicates posthumous inductees
There are no resources or collections to display
Adopted 2/14/2018 Revised 4/11/2022
TRITON ACADEMIC & ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME - BYLAWS
Article I: Purpose
The purpose of the Triton Academic & Athletic Hall of Fame is to honor those, living or deceased, who have brought distinction to themselves and Notre Dame Academy and /or its legacy schools (St. Joseph Academy, St. Norbert High School, Central Catholic High School, Premontre High School and Abbot Pennings High School) through their achievement, commitment and leadership in academics, professional endeavors and athletics.
Article II: Membership
Individuals: Hall of Fame inductees may include alumni, faculty, coaches, administrators or friends of the NDA or legacy school community.
Teams: Teams that are exceptionally distinguished through outstanding achievement or significant accomplishment may also be considered. All coaches, players, managers and statisticians of inducted teams will be included in the induction.
Article III: Committee
The Hall of Fame Committee shall consist of the following members:
Standing Members: NDA President and/or Principal (ex-officio – does not vote, but can offer input and has final approval on inductees), Director of Development, Director of Athletics and two Faculty/Staff Members (all ex-officio).
At-large Members: Five alumni or friends representing a cross-section of decades. The terms of at-large Members shall be 3 years and may serve three consecutive terms. Future Members shall be selected by the five at-large Members. The Hall of Fame Chairperson shall be selected by the Committee. (The Chairperson’s term is three years and the chair may serve for as long as nine years with Committee approval.) While there are no explicit qualifications for at-large committee members, care shall be exercised to select members who have knowledge of the history and traditions of NDA and its legacy schools and are representative of the various periods of that history. Members of the Committee must abstain from voting if a member of his/her immediate family or relative is proposed. The Committee will be responsible for the selection of Hall of Fame inductees. The Committee will meet every year to vote on candidates for the Hall of Fame. The Committee shall induct members into the Academic Division of the Hall of Fame in the following categories: Arts, Science, Education, Business, Humanitarianism, Ministry and Military Service. The Committee shall induct members into the Athletic Division of the Hall of Fame as well as one or two exceptionally distinguished teams. The Committee shall vote on the nominees it determines suitable for consideration. A minimum positive vote of 75% of members present is required for induction.
Article IV: Nominations
The Hall of Fame Committee will develop the Nomination Form upon which nominations will be made. The form must be completed and the qualifications of the proposed inductee must be clearly set forth in the form.
Nominations may be made by anyone; however self-nominations or unsigned/anonymous nominations will not be accepted. Nominations for consideration may be made by the Committee or by public nominations. Applications for nominations are available on the NDA website (under Alumni, Hall of Fame tabs). Nominations must be received by a specified deadline to be considered for the current induction class. The Committee shall have the discretion to narrow the field of nominees. Nomination forms will be archived and reviewed annually if a nominated candidate is not inducted for the current class.
Article V: Eligibility / Criteria
Alumni, coaches, teams, administrators and friends/supporters shall be eligible for induction subject to the criteria below. All nominees must represent the NDA and legacy school traditions of excellence and the mission of Notre Dame Academy.
Alumni, Coaches, Teams:
- Eligible 10 years after graduation from high school (i.e. 2008 graduate for 2018 induction).
- Must be a graduate of NDA or legacy school. The Committee will have discretion in unique, special circumstances (i.e. death, accident).
- Candidates for the Academic Division for the individual field categories (Arts, Science, Education, Business, Humanitarianism, Ministry and Military Service) must demonstrate achievement, character and leadership in academic pursuits in high school and in career/volunteer pursuits beyond high school (in the specified categories) that merit special recognition.
- Athlete candidates for the Athletic Division must demonstrate athletic ability, sportsmanship, character, contribution to the team and the game(s) he/she participated in. The Committee will also consider post-graduate activities including college and professional experience, and the embodiment of NDA’s mission through their life experiences.
- Coach candidates for the Athletic Division must have had 10 years coaching experience at NDA or legacy school. (The committee may make exceptions in unique, special circumstances.) The nominees must be inactive. Accomplishments must have merited league and/or statewide recognition, as well as made significant contributions to the athletic programs at NDA or a legacy school. Coaching ability, loyalty to NDA or legacy school, leadership, character, athletic expertise, significant contributions to their teams and the sports they coached must be demonstrated.
- Team candidates for the Athletic Division must be of championship caliber.
Administrators, Faculty, Staff and Friends/Supporters:
- Administrator, Faculty and Staff candidates for the Academic or Athletic Division must demonstrate exceptional leadership, character, loyalty, passion for, and support of, the success of NDA or legacy school athletics and/or academics is paramount. The nominees must be inactive.
- Supporter and Friend candidates for the Academic or Athletic Division must demonstrate exemplary commitment to the success of academic and athletic programs of NDA or legacy school.
Article VI: Voting Procedures
- The Committee shall review all candidates based on information available at the time of the selection meeting (April of each year).
- After open discussion about candidates, the Committee shall call for a vote for the purpose of selecting inductees. To be accepted into the Hall of Fame the nominee must receive a 75% approval rating from all voting members.
- The voting process will be kept confidential.
- Candidates are to be presented to the President by the Selection Committee for his/her review by May 1. The President may veto any candidate presented by the Committee for induction if in his/her judgment, the candidate does not exemplify the highest standards of character, leadership and sportsmanship as described in Section V. This must be done in writing to the Committee, with justification for rejection followed by an appeal process to open the discussion of whether or not to induct the candidate.
- Hall of Fame selections will be announced after the individual/teams have been notified and their acceptance of the induction and participation in the ceremony are verified.
Article VII: Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- The Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will occur every year (usually in the fall during Alumni Weekend)
- The Director of Events & Alumni will oversee the planning of the ceremony.
- Inductees are guests of honor at the ceremony.
- New members of the Hall of Fame will be presented with a Hall of Fame memento and their names will be listed in the Hall of Fame section of the Notre Dame Academy website under the “Alumni/Friends” Menu. Plans for a perpetual Hall of Fame wall, where all inductee names will be displayed near the Triton Center, are underway.
Hall of Fame Timeline
Mar. 31: Application Deadline
April: Committee Review of Nominations
May 1: Final Review
May: Notify Inductees
Fall: Hall of Fame (during Alumni Weekend)