For In-Person/Blended Students:
- Students are expected to be at school when scheduled.
- If a student stays home it will count as an absence towards the 10 absences that parents are allowed per school year. Students are encouraged to Zoom into classes if healthy enough, but it still counts as an absence.
- Students marked “Absent -Quarantine”, are expected to Zoom into classes and it does not count towards the 10 absences that parents are allowed per school year. Students on quarantine who do not Zoom into class will be reported to Attendance and the attendance record will be changed to Unexcused Absence. Five Unexcused Absences begins the truancy process. Teachers can apply an academic consequence for unexcused absences.
For Virtual Students & Blended Students at Home:
- Students must Swipe in “OLP” for each class period, advisory, study hall and lunch.
- If a student does not Swipe in within the first 10 minutes, he/she will be marked “OLA” and it will not be changed. Student is ineligible for extracurricular participation that day.
Attendance & Extracurricular Participation
School Policy: To participate in a scheduled interscholastic or extra-curricular practice, game or event, a student must be in school for the entire day unless excused by the Associate Principal.
- This means that any absence or “OLA” means the student is ineligible that day.
- If a student has an appointment, they need to submit an appointment verification form to Attendance to become eligible.
Extracurricular Activities may begin at 3:20 p.m.