Please email email@example.com to report a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
If you have more than one child, and one of your children begins to experience symptoms of COVID-19, please keep all your children home until you can be sure no child is sick.
If your child has COVID-19 symptoms*, go to MyPrevea.com or your medical provider and register to get a COVID-19 test. Do not send your child to school until you have received the results of the test and the applicable information below has been applied.
Students who are at home for any reason will be expected to participate in school unless the parent/guardian notifies the school the student is too sick to participate.
If you come in contact with someone who has COVID-19 it is recommended you limit any further contact with that person as soon as possible. Ongoing contact will delay the return to school.
1. If you go home because you feel ill, you must get a COVID-19 test. If you stay home because you score above a 50 on the Magnus Symptoms App you must get a COVID-19 test.
The results of your test matter. If you test negative, you can return to school once 24 hours have passed without symptoms or a fever without the use of medicine.
If you test positive, you can only return to school when:
- You are fever free for 24 hours without medicine
- Symptoms are improving
- At least 10 days have passed since you first felt sick.
2. If you live with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you must stay at home for the duration of the positive person’s illness or your last contact with the positive person and 14 additional days after the positive person is over their symptoms.
(Date of last close contact with COVID-19 positive person + 14 days = Date of Return)
3. If you have a classmate you were in close contact** with who is diagnosed with COVID-19, you must stay out of school and in quarantine for 14 days.
** What counts as close contact?
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more.
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19.
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them).
- You shared eating or drinking utensils.
- They sneezed, coughed or somehow got respiratory droplets on you.
* COVID-19 Symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Runny nose