Jan. 14, 2021 - News & Notes Email to Parents
A Message from Principal Browne
This coming Monday we will celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day and school will not be in session either in-person or online. Please spend a bit of time praying as a family on this important day of recognition.
Please note that as we continue our journey during the second semester we are going to gradually begin enforcing the dress code as outlined on our website. There are many students who would benefit from a haircut, etc. As your partners in education we look forward to working together on behalf of our children.
It is wonderful to have the students back in school. Each of them is a gift from a loving God and we appreciate the opportunity to be together. Thank you for choosing Notre Dame Academy!
Semester one report cards are available now in the PowerSchool parent portal. It is important to make note that Notre Dame is not adjusting the credits needed to graduate. Although some districts have made the decision to reduce the number of credits, it is important to maintain high expectations while building in support to assist students in meeting those expectations.
Please note that if your son/daughter has an INCOMPLETE for the first semester in a year long course they must pass the second semester in order to receive credit towards graduation requirements. Failure to pass the second semester will result in the student losing credit for both semesters.
If a student failed to successfully pass a semester long course, please contact either Mrs. Abler at email@example.com or Mrs. Gerl at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss details related to recovering the credit.
Accessing the report card is easy!
- Log in the parent portal as usual.
- Click on the “Student Reports” tab in the left column.
- Click on the report card labeled “2020-2021 Q2/S1 Grade ___”
Your student’s report card will open and can be printed if you wish. All report cards will be archived and accessible on this list throughout your student’s time at NDA.
Please contact Michele Mahlock at email@example.com with questions.
Please continue to report illness and close contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay well!
Return to School Reminders
- Parents need to complete the daily COVID-19 assessment for their student using the Magnus mobile app before their student leaves for school. Students will not be allowed in the building if it is not completed.
- Students need to have their school issued blue lanyard and ID at school each day. Replacements cost $5 each.
- Students need to have their Student & Parent Handbook (planner) at school each day. This is their hallway passport. Replacements cost $10 and can be purchased from the main office.
- 3rd Quarter School Learning Calendar
- 4-Period Bell Schedule
- Building hours: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Students with an extracurricular activity that starts after 3:30 p.m., must leave the building and return for their activity.
- Daily Morning Mass: 7:25 a.m. Students must arrive between 7:05 - 7:15 a.m. to pass through entrance protocols to attend mass.
- The NDA School Store will be available to all students thru the Atrium desk. If there is anything you would like to purchase or look at, please stop at the Atrium desk and Cathy Kirschling will assist you.
- If a student forgets their headphones at home, the school store will have a set available to purchase for $2. Please bring exact change.
- “Announcement Winners” should stop at the Atrium desk to pick up their certificate.
NDA families will receive 40% off school uniforms from Lands' End through Jan. 15 when using the code and pin below.
National Honor Society News
Tuesday, Jan. 26, is the designated day for juniors across the country to take the PSAT. A form was sent out via email this week. To sign up to take the PSAT, please fill out the form (located in the email) and submit it by this Tuesday, Jan. 19. More information about the PSAT is available here. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Beth Abler email@example.com.
Service Project: Tutoring
- All senior NHS members will complete 15 hours of required tutoring rather than 30.
- Seniors who completed at least 15 hours of tutoring by Dec. 31, 2020 have completed the NHS tutoring requirement.
- All junior NHS members will complete 30 hours of tutoring as stated in our bylaws.
- NHS members must complete the tutoring requirement in order to wear the gold NHS cord at graduation.
- We are working to find and create additional opportunities to tutor.
- Keep up on announcements via the NHS PowerSchool Learning page.
Request a Tutor / Be a Tutor: New semester, new schedules, new forms!
- Tutor Request Form. Parents and Teachers may use this form to request a tutor for a student.
- If your student wants to be a tutor during second semester, please have them fill out the I Want To Be A Tutor Form.
Grace Cisar competes for the Bay Area Ice Bears co-op girls hockey team and recently was featured for the Senior Spotlight by The Press Times.
Alternate Fall/Spring Sports
It's not too late for students to sign up for one of these sports. ICYMI - Read Tuesday's email.
Please help spread the word about this annual fundraiser that helps support NDA Athletics.
PDQ certificates can be ordered at this link.
Find game links for how to watch NDA's winter sports online.