Notre Dame Academy is looking for a Varsity Head Girls Softball Coach. This position reports to the Athletic Director and is responsible for all aspects of managing and maintaining a successful high school girls’ softball program. NDA is a Division II School in the Fox River Classic Conference.
Responsibilities as a Head Coach:
- Develop and maintain a competitive softball program within the FRCC conference.
- Provide technical expertise and utilize sound coaching methods aimed at improving the athletic performance of student-athletes.
- Plan and supervise in-season practice sessions
- Monitor the academic performance of student-athletes to assure they meet the performance standards of NDA and the WIAA.
- Work with coaching staff in talent assessment and assist with softball program administration tasks which include but not limited to budget management; fundraising; summer camp administration and assisting the AD with scheduling of competitions; traveling with the team and staff development.
- To work cooperatively with other head athletic coaches in order to operate a well-balanced athletic program. To act as a positive influence upon the behavior of members of his/her athletic staff and teams.
- To foster among participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, a desire to win, an attitude of good sportsmanship and a sense of price in self; team, school and community.
- To be present and personally direct the team at all varsity contests and to be present at as many junior varsity/freshman contests as possible. He/she will also be responsible for the supervision of athletes at contests or post season competition.
- Coordinate, direct and lead the development and promotion of the Softball Program
- Bring enthusiasm; show a vision to the sport and the ability to motivate players
- Carefully organize and facilitate practices with precise goals for improvement.
- The ability to hire assistant coaches and manage the staff effectively.
- Maintain and secure all softball equipment and uniforms
- Understand the rules and regulations of the WIAA
- Assess players’ skills and assign team positions.
- Determine game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Design, organize and manage a Future Tritons Softball youth program.
- This person must have strong organizational and communication skills to cultivate a strong softball program within the FRCC conference.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum 2-3 years of coaching experience at the college or Varsity High School level or minimum of 4-5 years Junior Varsity head coaching experience. *****Head Varsity Coaching Experience preferred.
- A candidate must follow the mission and core values of Notre Dame Academy as it relates to Faith, Respect, Responsibility, Service and Trustworthiness.
- A candidate must complete necessary criminal background checks and Virtus Training prior to the start of their employment at Notre Dame Academy.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter and overall philosophy of the game of Softball to email@example.com