- 2022-23 Student Parking Information
- Permit Guidelines
- Permit Placement
- Parking Tickets
- Parking Around Campus
Parking Permits: Parking permits are being issued for the Mason Street parking lot. Students with a parking permit must park in this lot only. Students without parking permits may not park in this lot and are subject to parking tickets from the Green Bay Parking Division. It is unlikely that there will be another lottery for this parking lot this school year. If lot usage indicates that we can accommodate more vehicles, a lottery will occur.
Priory Parking Lot (small lot on northside of campus): NDA will control the use of the Priory Parking Lot on a daily basis. The Priory Parking Lot will be used for student and guest parking without permits. There may be periods of time where the entire parking lot is closed for parking or there may be periods of time where some of the parking lot is closed. Cones will be used to block parking spots for school use. Cones are not to be moved by anyone except an authorized school official. Students should not drive to school expecting that this parking lot will be available. Students should be prepared to park in other locations, legally, on the streets around NDA. Priory Parking Lot Safety Rules: The Priory Parking Lot is a single lane, “One-Way” parking lot. Students may drive only one way in this parking lot entering the parking lot from the east entrance near Maryhill Drive. Students must face forward into the parking spaces. Students may not back into a parking space.
The Priory Parking Lot will be closed for the start of the school year and at least through September 5.
Faculty & Staff Parking Lot: This parking lot is for faculty and staff and guest parking during the school day. No students are to park in this parking lot. Student cars in this parking lot will be ticketed and/or towed.
Parking at businesses near NDA: Students may not park in the parking lots of businesses near NDA nor at Franklin Middle School. Businesses will likely ticket and tow unauthorized student vehicles parked in their lots. In previous years, some of the businesses rented parking to NDA families. You are encouraged to contact the businesses and negotiate your own parking arrangements.
Parking on the streets near NDA: Students who park their vehicles on the streets around NDA are reminded to park legally based on the signs posted by the City. There is limited parking on Maryhill Drive and Locust Street. There is additional parking available in the neighborhoods around NDA. Most of this parking occurs in residential areas and students are asked to respect our neighbors by not obstructing driveways or garbage cans, littering, and ensuring the music they play is not too loud. Students should look for available parking areas in advance to know what their options are in addition to Maryhill Drive and Locust Street. Students may have to look several blocks away from NDA to find additional “all day” parking. Students who park south of West Mason Street are encouraged to cross Mason Street using the stoplight at Ridge Road for safety. The Maryhill Drive entrance near the main office (Door #10) is open prior to 7:55 a.m. The Green Bay Parking Division patrols and tickets the streets around NDA. NDA is not liable/responsible for the safety of students or vehicles parked on city streets or tickets received by students who park illegally.
Students who fail to abide by the Parking Permit Rules & Regulations will lose their parking privileges. In addition, the Parent & Student Handbook lays out student expectations and disciplinary consequences. Students who lose privileges will need to immediately surrender their parking permit.
The NDA Administration reserves the right to modify policies as needed. Parents and students will be notified of any changes.
- Student parking will be restricted to the Mason Street Parking Lot by authorized permit only and to the Priory Parking Lot by the specific “Priory Parking Lot Permit.” There will be no student parking in the faculty/staff lot behind the school.
- Students parking in a lot without a permit or with an unauthorized permit will be fined by the parking utility and may be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Students issued a permit must possess a valid driver’s license and have a Parking Permit Application on file. Each parking permit application must be filled out completely, including a parent/guardian signature.
- Parents/guardians must attest to the fact that the vehicle listed is insured for not less that the limits of $10,000 property damage; $25,000 bodily injury/person; $50,000 total bodily injury/accident. Also, parents/guardians must attest to the understanding that Notre Dame Academy is not responsible for property that is lost, stolen or damaged while in the school parking lots.
- Students will pay a $75 fee for a parking permit.
- Seniors in good standing may purchase a parking permit. Any remaining parking permits will be released via lottery to juniors in good standing who have a parking permit application filled out completely.
- No one is allowed to park in the lot until they have a permit.
- All students who receive a permit must display the pass in accordance with the instructions provided with the permit. All students must have this permit visible in their car. Vehicles with tinted windows must tape a white piece of paper on to the window behind the permit after the permit is affixed to the window.
- Students without a permit must park on the streets around NDA.
- Any student found to have a pass not assigned to them or a fraudulent pass will be subject to loss of all parking privileges and disciplinary action by the Associate Principal.
- Any changes of authorized vehicles/license plates must be registered in writing by the student and parent/guardian. Forms are available in the Associate Principal’s office.
- Students must immediately report damage, loss, or theft of their permit sticker to the administration.
Guidelines For Mason Street Parking Permits
- This permit is non-transferable. It is only valid for the student and vehicle listed on the application.
- Remove all permits from previous years to avoid confusion and be issued a ticket by mistake.
- Please affix the current school year sticker in the rear-most driver’s side window in the vehicle you identified on your parking permit application. Refer to the “NDA Parking Permit Placement Diagram” for an example of proper placement.
- All cars must park between the painted lines.
- Please do not use this permit on more than one vehicle.
- Should the permit become damaged, please present the remnants of the original permit to the main office and a replacement permit will be issued.
- Students who are driving a different car to school must obtain a temporary permit from the Atrium desk prior to the start of school (no late passes will be issued for obtaining a parking permit).
- Student vehicles parked in the faculty lot without permission from the administration will be towed at the owner’s expense and result in permanent loss of parking privileges.
- There is no overnight parking in NDA parking lots from November 1 - April 15. Overnight parking is allowed from April 16 - October 31 with prior permission of the Main Office.
- Excessive speed or noise, including engines, tires, music, etc., as well as reckless driving will not be tolerated and may result in parking privileges being revoked.
- NDA is not responsible for property that is lost, stolen, or damaged while in the school parking lots.
- Permits may be revoked for violation of the above-mentioned rules.
- If a student’s actions violate school policy, create a hazard, or is a nuisance to students, staff, citizens, and area property owners, the permit may be revoked. As described in the Student & Parent Handbook, students who receive a Loss of Privileges will have their parking permit revoked.
- Violations of the faculty/staff parking lots by students will be handled by the Associate Principal in conjunction with the discipline system of NDA. Student vehicles parked in the faculty lot without permission from the Associate Principal may be towed at the owner’s expense and result in permanent loss of parking privileges.
Your cooperation with regards to the privileges of having a student parking permit is appreciated.
Place your permit in either of these two locations. If your windows are tinted, you must tape a white piece of paper on to the window behind the permit after the permit is affixed to the window for easy visibility by the Green Bay Parking Division.
*Note: The Green Bay Parking Division will ticket all vehicles with improper permit placement or permits that are not easily visible.
The City of Green Bay will monitor the student and staff parking lots. Unauthorized vehicles are subject to ticketing and/or towing at the owner’s expense and may result in the loss of all future parking privileges for student violators.
Green Bay Parking Division will issue tickets for the following violations:
- Parking at any time during school hours in the student lots without the appropriate permit.
- Parking outside the white lines in the lots.
- Parking permit not easily visible or improperly placed on vehicle. If you have tinted windows you must tape a white piece of paper on to the window behind the permit after the permit is affixed to the window for easy visibility by the Green Bay Parking Division.
- Expired temporary permits. (If your temporary permit has expired and not renewed you will be ticketed.)
- Parking in Handicap spaces. There are three spaces alongside the fence of the football field in the Mason Street Parking Lot and there are several spaces in the Faculty & Staff Parking Lot.
Any violation of these rules and the Green Bay Parking Division will issue a ticket. Any ticketed vehicle that feels the ticket was given unjustly must address it with the Green Bay Parking Division or Mr. Masarik.
Your cooperation with regards to the privileges of having a student parking permit is appreciated.
Current City of Green Bay Parking fines:
|Failure to display permit||$32|
|Parked outside of designated space or double parked||$32|
|Parked in driveline or fire lane||$32|
|Parked in handicap stall without permit||$302|
|On complaint without consent||$42|
All fines are dictated by the City of Green Bay and are paid to the city.
Students who park their vehicles on the streets around NDA are reminded to park legally based on the signs posted by the city. There is limited parking on Maryhill Drive and Locust Street. There is additional parking available in the neighborhoods around NDA. Most of this parking occurs in residential areas and students are asked to respect our neighbors by not obstructing driveways or garbage cans, littering, and ensuring the music they play is not too loud.
Students who park south of West Mason Street are encouraged to cross Mason Street using the stoplight at Ridge Road for safety. The Maryhill Drive entrance near the main office (Door #10) is open prior to 7:55 a.m. The Green Bay Parking Division patrols and tickets the streets around NDA. Students should observe and follow the signs as indicated on all city streets. NDA is not liable/responsible for the safety of students or vehicles parked on city streets or tickets received by students who park illegally.